OK i've now completed textures for most of the body and some small armor parts.

I found the texturing of skin easier than the armor, especially the kneepads, which i'm not entirely happy with. I will take a lot more care when I texture the shoulder piece as that is a big focus on the character.

So whats left...

The right arm and shouler armor and a belt and a couple of straps, so I'm very nearly done.

There is also some work to be done on the seams as they dont blend very well in some areas.

Here are a couple of renders.

Swordmaster - Body Textured / Front

Swordmaster - Body Textured / Back
I've now finished the texture for the torso UVWs, i'm finding blending the seams tricky, but its starting to look like a finished product now.

I'll now move on and texture the pants and legs.

Here is a render of the textured head and torso.

Swordmaster - Head/Torso Textured

Hi All,

Well I have started on the texturing for my swordmaster, I can tell you that this has been the most challenging part so far, probably because I've never done it before. I also found it very rewarding when getting to the final product though.

I've completed texturing the head, which i'm sure will be one of the most difficult parts of the model.

Using UVW Map and UVW Unwrap I created a template for the head and ears, I then took the template into Photoshop and created the texture.

I found that I needed to go back and forth from viewing the texture on the model to make sure the texture was mapped accurately, I also adjusted the UVW Coords in some places.

I'm quite happy with the end result considering i'm not very skilled in Photoshop and created the entire texture from scratch.

Swordmaster - Unwrapped UVW

Swordmaster - Photoshop Texture

Swordmaster - Mapped and Rendered
The modelling of the swordmaster is now complete.

I added some detail to the model in the way of armor, I havn't added any hair yet, as I might make him a helmet. But for now its onto UVW Unwrapping.

Overall I'm quite happy with the finished model.

I think the face topology could do with some improvement as well as the arms.

Heres two shots of the final model.

Hi All,

I haven't post an update for a while. I've started on the clothing and armor for my swordmaster. I've also added some sub-object materials to give it a bit more depth and help identify the different pieces.

Its getting there, but I'm getting slightly less interested in it for some reason. Hopefully some texturing soon.

Swordmaster - Basic Armor Completed
Next PostNewer Posts Previous PostOlder Posts Home